The Story of Mr. Toothbrush and Mr. Toilet Paper

Bismillaah

As Salaamu 'alaykum and peace to all,

The Story of Mr. Toothbrush and Mr. Toilet Paper - Motivational Story about Gratitude verses Complaint



I was at my sister's house that day and it was time for lunch. As we sat together at the dining table, my nephew refused to eat.

'I dont want the vegetable in the fried rice' he said

'Vegie is good for you, sweety' I tried to persuade him

'But I dont like the taste!' he insisted

'Do you remember the movie about the boy who didnt have any food to eat? Say thanks to Allaah for giving you this nice food on your plate' I reminded him of the movie we saw together.

Yes, that's my darling nephew. He 'sincerely' hates anything that is green on his plate!

I know he definitely would agree with Jim Davis with this statement though,

Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie.


Hmmm... correction! Come to think of it, I think I would agree with Jim too! Who wouldn't, you agree?

Anyway, my nephew's insistent to have all the vegie removed from his plate made me think that day.

How many of us are like that? With delicious and healthy 'vegetable' on our plates, but we complain about how we had to suffer having to eat them all!

Just like when we complain tired from work without remembering to thank Allaah for giving us a job, or we complain about the headache raising kids and forgetting that we once prayed to Allaah to grant us children, or we whine about the one day our tummy ache and conveniently forgot the 364 days that Allaah has given us perfectly working tummy, or we find fault with our loved ones forgetting how lonely we were before they arrived into our lives, or we grumble when given homework by our teachers without remembering to thank Allaah that we have someone else besides our parents who really loved and cared for us and want us to be successful in this life and hereafter!

Perhaps that was why Allaah repeatedly asked us this question,

Then which of the blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?
( سورة الرحمن , Al-Rahman, Chapter #55, Verse #13)






Yes, my brothers and sisters, dont you think we deserve to be asked that question?

And how would we answer Him?

I absolutely love this quote by Epictetus who once said,

He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.


Is that not the formula for sanity and contentment my friends?

Dont grieve for things that we do not have, instead look around us and be grateful to Him, our Lord on the things that He has given us!

Maybe this verse would make us all want to do just that!

"And remember! Your Lord caused to be declared (publicly): "If ye are grateful, I will add more (favors) unto you…" Qur'an, 14:7



How about that! If only we are grateful to Him for every single thing that He sent our way, He would give us more and more and more!

Do you like that my friends? Do we like getting more favours, more blessings and more rewards?

Totally!

Let me share with you a picture that spoke to me a thousand words...


(Note: For my readers who are visually challenged: the picture showed two object, one a toothbrush and the other a toilet paper. The toothbrush said to the toilet paper "Sometimes i feel that i have the worst job in the world. And the toilet paper said, ya... right!)

This picture made me not only laughed, but, more importantly, it made me asked myself this question- have i ever looked around me and see what others are facing before i opened my mouth and start complaining?

Think about it...

Copyright © Sis Zabrina 2008

Sis Zabrina
Life Storyteller
Author of Life is an Open Secret http://www.lifeopensecret.com
-18 Inspirational Stories from Ordinary life experiences-

Now blogging at http://www.wisdomthruwords.blogspot.com




~ Life Storyteller Blog: Your Source for Islamic Motivational and Inspirational Stories~

Tags : , , , , , , , , , ,

Sis Zabrina, also known as Zabrina A. Bakar, is a Life Storyteller, motivational and inspirational writer and speaker; and author of Islamic motivational book Life is an Open Secret http://www.lifeopensecret.com She maintains an active blog at http://www.wisdomthruwords.blogspot.com

Comments