And yet, I was frowning..


As salaamu 'alaykum and peace to all,

That day, I was at the traffic light. It was red so naturally my car was stationery. Then I saw the man on the motorbike, a few meters infront of me came down from his bike.

I was curious. I mean, why would a man come down from his bike in the middle of the road, right?

So I watched him.

To my amazement, he bent down and picked up something. I squinted my eyes. It was a can of drink.

Yes, a can of drink. 

And he walked a few meters and bent again. And again. And again. And again. 

In his hands now I saw a couple of cans of drink. Empty cans.

Then maybe realizing some people are watching, he looked up at the cars direction and smiled.

Ya Allah.. my heart melted.

Such is his trial in life.

That perhaps money and finance is a challenge for him. Economic survival requires him to pick up the cans by the streets so he could sell them to the recycle centers.

 So that  he could eat. Perhaps pay his petrol. Maybe buy some medicines.

And he still could smile.

Smiling away.

And I was there, sitting in a cozy air-conditioned car, with an upside-down smile and heart that is heavy.

Ya Allah... Forgive me..

As I took a deep breathe, I thank Allah for this simple reminder He sent my way. 

I am thankful for all the You have given me, blessed me and showered me with, my Lord.

Alhamdulillah. Alhamdulillah. Alhamdulilah.

I leave you with an image that had made me sit crying for days..

Blessings and smiles,
Sis Zabrina





Comments

nhhas said…
Alhamdulillah... thank you Allah...
Sis,is there any incoming charity project that i can participate?
thenafass said…
salam sis, the way you share the story very inspired me. i'm one of your fans... i have all three of your books. Cant wait for your next book
Anonymous said…
Mashaalah this made me to actually cry i thank Allah for everything
Nur Murni said…
MasyaAllah! It makes me very sad too.

Just the other day, i was reminded by Allah through a dakwah from a brother who said that actually if all of us share what extra that we have to those who need, then everybody
would have enough. It's not that there is a shortage of foods and resources in this universe, it's just that they are not distributed well enough.
Just see the bulk of resources and food wastage here 'in comfortable zones' and elsewhere in so called developed countries.
Hence, i call myself first, then to you dear brothers an sisters to share and donate generously whenever there's an opportunity to do so.:-)