Protect ourselves

I was walking around the city that day and saw many people wearing masks over their faces.

Reason for that would be quite obvious. 

That day, the haze 'attacked' the city again.

Thanks to the greediness of some of us who don't give two hoots about caring for the environment. :-(

Their reasoning for wearing the masks is obvious. Inhaling the poisonous haze is detrimental for their health.

Actually, I should have worn my mask too. To protect myself from harm. Totally.

That's when suddenly something hit me. I remembered this particular Hadith,

Reported by `Adi bin Hatim (RA): Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said, 

“Everyone of you will speak to his Rubb without an interpreter between them. He will look to his right side and will see only the deeds he had previously done; he will look to his left and will see only the deeds he had previously done, and he will look in front of him and will see nothing but Fire (of Hell) before his face. So protect yourselves from Fire (of Hell), even by giving half a date-fruit (in charity)”.

(Bukhari and Muslim)

Yes, I didn't wear my mask that day. I neglected to take the necessary action to protect my health.

But here, in this Hadith, our beloved Prophet SAW has taught us how to protect our 'health' aka faces from the Hellfire. 

By the simply act of.. Yes.. Charity!!

You got it.

Isn't it great?

SubhanAllah..

By just a simple act of charity, which we pay it forward, from here on this earth, we shall be able to save ourselves and protect ourselves from the hellfire.

Amazing, isn't it?

Just a smile, or giving a dollar, or moving thorns from the path, or helping others, or giving kind words.. Just like that, we have protected ourselves from Fire of eternity.

How more simple can it get, you agree? ❤️

Sis Zabrina
Wednesday, 12th March 2014
8.18am

Comments

Hajj Packages said…
It's indeed a great lesson sis Zabrina. But I think Allah wants us to protect ourselves from this worlds dangers as well. Saving your face from the hell fire by charity is a great thing, but not putting mask deliberately isn't a very wise thing.